[Informatics] [OT] Data security - anonymous, temporary email addresses

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:43:26 AEDT 2016

The ethics is akin to mailing a letter anonymously but avoiding the
addition of a name or return address. I suppose you could always try to
deliver a letter by walking it to the destination or via pedestrian node
(VPN) but without an official looking stamp or clear purpose, it will may
be rejected as Sans-Postage Analogue Message (SPAM).

Mark, I don't think that the Aeolipile gets enough credit.

On 16 November 2016 at 16:38, Mark <mark at vceit.com> wrote:

> Hi, anonymous souls
>
> Much like Mailinator <http://mailinator.com>, about which I spoke about
> much earlier, which lets people create an email address and anonymously
> check for replies (e.g. to avoid later spamming after registration at some
> sites)...
>
> https://10minutemail.com is another variety. It creates a temporary (10
> minute) email account which lives just long enough to register with a site
> and get a confirmation email to reply to.
>
> The morals of using sites like this? It's a dilemma... you must choose
> whether to be deceptive, or be a spam victim.
> Or prevent 'honest' sites from knowing your real email address so they can
> contact you later to encourage participation or contribution.
>
> Don't ask me. I'm still dithering about whether the adoption of the steam
> engine was a wise move...
>
> Regards,
> Mark
>
> --
>
> Mark Kelly
>
> mark at vceit.com
> http://vceit.com

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

*Roland Gesthuizen*
http://about.me/rgesthuizen

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead