[Yr7-10maths] Fwd: Political ads... authorised by you

Rupert Russell rupert.russell1 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 05:17:30 EST 2007

Hi All,

You may be interested in the following.
(Forgive cross postings)

Rupert.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: GetUp <info at getup.org.au>
Date: May 3, 2007 10:57 PM
Subject: Political ads... authorised by you
To: rupert.russell1 at gmail.com

Dear friends,

We're starting something brand new for Australia. It's GetUp's
ground-breaking competition: "Oz in 30 Seconds" - a chance to *show us your
Australia by making a 30 second political ad*, which we will air on national
prime time television during the lead up to the federal election.

*The competition begins today. Check it out now at
**www.ozin30seconds.org*<http://campaign.getup.org.au/Sitecast2/redirect.aspx?es=4126515&l=240&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ozin30seconds.org>
* and get filming!*

As the election draws close, Australians will be bombarded with over 100
million dollars in advertising from political parties - much of it
mudslinging rather than inspiring us to better understand our country. But
what if we could reclaim our airwaves, and broadcast political ads of the
people, by the people and for the people? What if instead of just being told
what politicians want from us, we could show what we want from them?

*Well, now we will.  "Oz in 30 Seconds" is Australia through your eyes, your
voice, your lens.*

*Here's the basic brief:*

*Make an Ad:* In 30 seconds, show us a slice of your vision: maybe it's a
call to action on an issue close to your heart, maybe it's an idea that
brings us closer to the Australia you want to live in; or your take on a
major policy or event, rather than the spin you've been fed.

*Submit your ad online: *Then, whether you make an ad or not, from July
you'll be able to view and vote online to help us determine the best.
Entries open today, and close on June 30.

*View and vote:* The top 10 ads - as voted on by you - will make it to our
shortlist and be shown at a gala awards reception at the *Sydney Opera House
* on August 1. There, they'll go before our celebrity judging panel
(including ABC-TV movie reviewer *Margaret Pomeranz*, and the advertising
industry's "Director of the Year" *Bruce Hunt* who was second-unit director
of The Matrix).

*Watch the ad on air:* Come election time, the top ad will be broadcast on
national, prime time TV - the first political ad authorised by you.

*This year we're not waiting for them to sell us their agenda. We're showing
them ours.* We can't wait to see your ads - so spread the word with your
creative friends and family, and get filming!

*www.ozin30seconds.org*<http://campaign.getup.org.au/Sitecast2/redirect.aspx?es=4126515&l=240&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ozin30seconds.org>

The GetUp team
--

If you have trouble with any links in this email, please go directly to
www.getup.org.au.

GetUp is an independent, not-for-profit community campaigning group. We use
new technology to empower Australians to have their say on important
national issues.

To unsubscribe from GetUp, please click
here<http://campaign.getup.org.au/Sitecast2/redirect.aspx?es=4126515&l=242&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.getup.org.au%2flibrary%2fsubscriber%2funsubscribe.asp>
.