[Yr7-10it] 3D printing

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 3 15:01:17 AEDT 2016

I too am interested in this 3D printing in the classroom environment.
Aldi had a printer on sale recently at approx $500....(which I didnt purchase incidentally, but just mentioned it...).

I am taking a look during this year at the 3D printing concept as an option to put it to our leadership for development for 2017 to integrate it into various curriculum studies.

Additionally, it would be a great PD opportunity for me to come do a quick tour of 2 or 3 Melbourne or regional schools or workplaces that use this tech to develop this further plus perhaps discuss how you have integrated this into your curriculum areas effectively.

Any feedback or schools who could offer me a tour/demo would be appreciated. My target would be levels 7-10 kids and perhaps this could spark a VCE interest too???

cheers,
KB.

Kent Beveridge
Teacher