[Yr7-10it] Scratch on Networks at School

mppascoe at tpg.com.au mppascoe at tpg.com.au
Fri Jan 21 12:21:25 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have been playing around with Scratch over the holidays, and want to use
it with my Year 9 ICT class next year as a lead in to Actionscript. Is there
any problem with downloading and running Scratch on school networks ?

Eg. With Flash, all creation of .SWF files is blocked by our network,
(because kids put thousands of .SWF games up there otherwise); and so I have
to get a special folder setup for each student where they can make .SWFs.

Are there any problems I might have with them running their Scratch projects
on computers connected to the network that people know of as being common in
schools?

Thanks, Paul Pascoe
St Francis Xavier College Berwick.

http://passyworldofict.blogspot.com/