[Yr7-10it] [Offtopic] Micorsfot access User control

Costello, Rob R Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Mar 31 23:32:25 EST 2009

you can use Access as the back end of a web app solution which gets around the multiuser problem

the visual studio express tools are free (visual web developer express) and powerful enough for this ...

there is inbuilt access control in visual studio - but it doesn't work with access as back end (needs sql server i think)

however custom password protection is not hard to do and also works well

i wrote something for teachers and students to use along these lines last year - class sign up system - used password protection for some parts of the application ... which worked fine  ..120 kids accessed it every morning on local intranet and it worked fine

the lead time and developing and setting this up was more substantial than i expected though, so not sure i'd recommend it for a quick solution - your mileage may vary

could advise a bit offlist if interested

rob