[Yr7-10it] netbooks being distributed to every year 5 and 6 studentin northern victoria primary schools

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:29:17 EST 2009

I have heard this too and can easily imagine these being quickly 'upgraded'
to Windows 7 over Vista when it is due (although Windows 7 is still a Beta
product). Unless users run some bench tests with other operating system
flavours, it is hard to say what runs best. Two decades ago I did well
enough with WordStar on a 286 laptop, albet with no mouse. Increased
competition with open source products is driving these falling prices (and
profit margins) for all the netbook hardware and software and in the end,
all of us consumers are winners. The change has been a long time coming.

Say, have some of you heard the new Apple rumour for a netbook market entry?
Looks similar to plans for the OLPC mark 2 computer with dual touch screen
functions related to the iPhone .. fascinating entry. Has anybody had some
classroom experience with the iPod Touch units?

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au