[Yr7-10it] How to interest girls in ICT electives at middle-secondary level?

Clive Oldland clive_oldland at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 1 14:07:17 EST 2009

Hi All,

Has any one got any strategies that have worked to turn around the gender imbalance in selecting ICT electives in middle years?

I would be particularly interested in knowing how you pitched your elective to make it attractive to girls.

Also, is ICT compulsory in years 7 & 8 at your school?  Do you believe that contributed to better participation from girls in higher years?

(I have been a subscriber since May, but his is my first post.  Many thanks for the interesting conversations I have observed this year.)

Regards,
Clive Oldland
Montmorency SC