[Yr7-10it] Sugar (OLPC activities)

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 12:35:09 EST 2008

I didn't even know you could boot off a USB until joel stanley told me a a
couple of months ago. Then I thought it would too expensive for a class set,
not realising how much the price had come down ($12 ea for 1G Kingstons,
don't buy the cheaper LASERs). At any rate, without help (tony, joel, paul),
I couldn't have done it. Full details are on my blog here, this URL is
displayed on the home page of the xo wiki

http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/07/evaluating-sugar-in-developed-world.html
http://xo-whs.wikispaces.com/

One of my network savvy students has built a jabber server to enable the
collaboration - not something I would be confident of being able to do

This is called collaboration :-)