[Yr7-10it] (no subject)

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Wed Jun 25 14:43:44 EST 2008

> I am offering Programming next term for a year 10 group.
> I'm trying something different and have decided to use the
> Neverwinter Nights toolset (also called the Aurora Toolset).

There is a bit of interest in NWN, partly in the context of making
educational games rather than learning by making games. I have found it a
bit unreliable, technology wise. My install CD came with a bad password and
I had to go to the forums to find out why. I have not been able to install
on Vista, the forums indicate that it is possible though there are issues.
Its strong points are a good dialogue editor and 3D. Maybe a bit limiting,
you will probably only make quests, more room for lateral thought in
GameMaker, Scratch and Etoys. Licence fees will mount up for a class set.

http://tonyforster.blogspot.com/2008/01/learning-games-with-neverwinter-nights.html
http://tonyforster.blogspot.com/2008/02/playing-saving-adryanee.html
http://del.icio.us/tonyforster/NeverwinterNights