[Yr7-10it] Re buzz words from 22/11....

Phil Callil P.Callil at xavier.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 30 12:17:58 EST 2007

Hi Bill and all,

I don*t want to labour this any more (no pun was intended but*!)

I respect any person*s right to air an opinion. To me, this
discussion is not about trying to stop people airing informed opinions.
I just don*t accept that a discussion forum is a vehicle for  making
off the cuff critical comments that don*t seek to justify a logical
viewpoint through some sort of rationale.

We tell our students all the time not to give just their opinion but to
back up with reasons and facts*.

Bill, I may not necessarily agree with you but I respect your right to
give your view * as I do re Russell*s recent comments.   As Ros
mentioned, the *Rethinking education * you say you want a
revolution* was conceived in February * long long before Mr.
Rudd*s election campaign.  (We all can wax lyrical about the pros
and cons of that platform*.!) So the two cannot and should not really be
linked.

Two of your three points are debatable but what the heck, they make me
think.

Best wishes

Phil Callil
Faculty Head IT
Xavier College
9855-4163

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
the System Manager at Xavier College. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Xavier College.
Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure material in this email message
is free from computer viruses or other defects, the attached files are
provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all
responsibility for the use of the material transmitted.