[Yr7-10it] Re: Learning PERL (or PHP,PYTHON)

Colin SUTTON oz.sutton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:12:45 EST 2007

I wouldn't know PERL, PYTHON or PHP if it fell on me BUT:

I taught in Queensland for a couple of years and ran classes at 8-10
(students were in Learning Units with 8 + 9 + 10s) with lots of different
things running - giving choices to students. I used a 'points' system to
encourage students to do LOTS. The points scored were related to the grade
they achieved at the end of the semester. Not too sure how this would work
under ... VELS!

I found and wrote a wide range of resources and students used these and they
taught each other. I used freeware stuff where possible and websites. There
is LOTS more availbale now and these Edulists are also a great source of
inspiration and sharing. Some things I NEVER learnt myself - the students
helped each other and did some great things. It was probably the best
teaching I ever did.

COLIN