[Yr7-10it] Re buzz words from 22/11....

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 29 21:45:36 EST 2007

On 29/11/2007, at 8:57 PM, Meadows, Roslyn M wrote:
> The 'buzzphrase' for the conference - "you say you want a
> revolution" -
> was chosen LONG before any election dates or election promises were
> thought of - and the phrase was NOT meant to be political in any
> way. To
> give you some idea of the time frame for these things - discussion on
> NEXT YEAR'S "buzzphrase" began last Tuesday night - and I am sure your
> contributions would be welcome and considered.

Well my contribution would simply be: *don't have* a "buzzphrase"!

The conference should be about content, not about window-dressing. If
that content can stand on its own -- and I think it can, overall --
then you don't need all the fluff.   It's a bit of an insult to our
collective intelligence that we need glitz, buzz and spin to hook us
in. We're not politicians reading a grant proposal, after all...

cheers

Russell