[Yr7-10it] Interactive Whiteboards

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Nov 20 00:59:15 EST 2007

hi

we installed 5 IWBs this year and are putting in another 5 next year

we have also installed permanent data projectors in another 5 rooms

the data projectors are a great addition - just bringing up the elec
textbbooks, or displaying something from the internet has reall jazzed up
the classrooms. very rapid uptake of this technology by the staff

staff have been a little slower in the uptake of the interactive part of the
IWBs, but i think that will come with confidence. we have been running a
number of prof development activities to get more out of them, such as small
groups of teachers during the day and team teaching (supported by a Leading
Schools budget)

im not sure about different brands- i think they are all fairly similar. we
got Teamboards and bought the Easiteach package to go with them.

andrew grimshaw
ICT Coordinator
Colac College