[Yr7-10it] Interactive Whiteboards

Stuart comtech at stu-dt.com.au
Mon Nov 19 16:40:33 EST 2007

Hi Sylvia

Our school, Dubbo College, has just implemented a huge installation of the
"Smart Board" brand of interactive boards, and I, as well as many in the
school are finding that if programs teachers make are implemented properly,
such as interaction for the students, engagement is a lot better from
students in class.

Mind, it's not the end of whiteboards and overheads or handouts and such,
it's another way of teaching that is more in the realms of the students era
of learning, after all, they are growing up in the digital age, and most of
us are stuck in the analogue age :)

I also use Moodle, along with the SmartBoard and have found the students a
lot more settled and working harder and more eagerly in the classroom,
something I thought I'd never see.

Brands are brands, they all do much the same, but look around, and see what
deals all companies can offer and go with your best intuitions. Good luck in
your choice!

Regards
Stuart Walsh