[Yr7-10it] RE: Open slather internet

Greg Neil (Mr) greg at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Wed May 9 09:34:15 EST 2007

We don't put download quota's on students or staff, however we do block
high-bandwidth sapping applications such as P2P (Limewire is a student
favourite, although we also block torrents, emule etc). We have also
blocked (at management's request) YouTube, MySpace and a few others.

Because we are a laptop school (year 5 - 12 all have them) we have to be
careful with quotas so that we don't end up restricting windows updates
etc. as well.

Greg Neil

Computer Systems Manager

St Margaret's School, Berwick