[Yr7-10it] File Management

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Sun Jan 14 19:53:07 EST 2007

Colleagues,

An extremely tallented ex-student of mine has just completed the first version of a File Management simulator.

Think "Windows Explorer", but there are no real files manipulated.  You can import lists of files/folders/drives.  I've been looking for something like this for some time, and haven't found anything yet - so the application was written at my request.  Essentially, the application lets you set up many and varied file management activities without having to set up loads of files; and change drives, etc at wll.

The application is written in java (.jar file); it's a little rough around the edges, but basically does a great job, with further development to be done.  It's not been released to the public domain, but if there's anyone interested, let me know and I'll see what I can organise.

Regards,

--- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dr. Paul Chandler
Yarra Valley Grammar
paul.chandler at yvg.vic.edu.au
ICQ: 54193141
Ph: 9262 7809 (direct), 9262 7700 (switch)
Fax: 9876 1077

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and then delete this message.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Yarra Valley Grammar.

YVG Mail security - Checked