[Yr7-10it] Chairs in a Computer Centre

Baird, Anne P baird.anne.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Dec 5 15:52:59 EST 2007

I would have to agree with most of you. We have gotten rid of all the
chairs with wheels which used to be in the computer room and were an
absolute pain to look after and gone for a light, easy to move and stack
plastic chair which takes a lot of leaning on, balancing on, sitting on
and generally getting 'abused' but seem to survive very well. They are
quite comfortable and we have kids from Grade 3 up who use them when
they come to the computer room. Probably not the most ergonomically
sound chair but we're not sitting in them all day every day.  The other
good thing about them is they don't take up too much room. We have some
other types of chairs in our new learning space that have a curved back
and are designed to sit normally or turned around and straddled. They
are great chairs but they do take up more space in the room and there is
no way that we could have them in the computer room.
Cheers Anne

Anne Baird
Leading Schools Manager
Wedderburn College