[Yr7-10it] flash tutorial problem

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Nov 8 10:57:21 EST 2006

HI ALL

Im new to Flash  this term and am learning it along with the kids. We are having a great time with it and have been using the tutorials at http://www.flashclassroom.com (I highly recommend them)

I was wondering if anyone else has used these and has come across the same issue as me:

In the DESIGN A SHOOTING STYLE GAME (Flash 8 version) tutorial - I think the action script for the target button is incorrect.

We have faithfully duplicated what is in the pdf, but when we test the movie all that happens is that instead of the score going up we get "NaN" appearing

I have spent several hours tweaking it as have my students, using the flash help section, etc, to no avail so I am hopng someone can help me out

Andrew Grimshaw
Colac College