[Yr7-10it] Digital Portfolios

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 7 18:11:18 EST 2006

My students create a website to hold and present their digital
portfolio.
At the completion of each task in our multi-media course, students
adjust their product to make it web-friendly, place this into the
resources folder of the web folder, place them into the webpage for that
task, and write a description of what they did etc. This effects
'closure' for that task, and at the same time  makes them aware of the
particular requirements of the web in terms of file type, file size,
physical dimensions, compression etc.
So far so good. The completed website wil be burnt to CD and they take
it home to "show their grandchilden" i.e. family members now and in the
future.
Regards, Keith