[Yr7-10it] Electronic booking systems

James Poulos jpoulos at crancc.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 29 16:34:16 EST 2005

http://mrbs.sourceforge.net/

James Poulos
IT Coordinator
Cranbourne Christian College
jpoulos at crancc.vic.edu.au
Ph: 03 5995 2188

From: yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:yr7-10it-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of A.Ilhan
Sent: Tuesday, 29 November 2005 4:03 PM
To: Year 7 - 10 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Yr7-10it] Electronic booking systems

Hi,

Excuse my ignorace, what is mrps?? Please forward more details on this
electronic booking software and if anyone knows of a website on this
software would most appreciate it.

thanks

Aksen

Rupert Russell <r.russell at ballarat.edu.au> wrote:

	Hi I have used this system for 2 sites for the past year or so
and it
	works well.
	You have to watch that it makes repeat bookings properly. That's
one
	aspect that I have found a little tricky to use. It pays to
check that
	your repeat bookings have gone in ok apart from that I like it.

	I administer the user list using the config.inc.php file I
created an
	Excel Spreadsheet to create the entries for users. It can even
generate
	random passwords for you if you like.

	If you would like a copy let me know and I will ! did it up.

	I also use it as a staff diary which works ok if you think of
people as
	rooms (I use the room capacity number as an extension number)

	Regards,

	Rupert.

	Rupert Russell
	Senior Educator (e-Learning)
	TAFE Development Unit
	University of Ballarat
	SMB Campus
	PO Box 668 Ballarat
	Victoria 3353
	AUSTRALIA

	Phone: +61 3 5327 8057
	Fax: +61 3 5327 8477
	e-mail: r.russell at ballarat.edu.au

	On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 03:06:14PM +1100, Andrew Grimshaw wrote:
	> hello friendly ICT teachers
	>
	> pls excuse cross-posts
	>
	> I am investgating electronic booking software and was
wondering what
	other schools were using?

	> I am thinking of installing the open source MRBS - has anyone
else
	used this?

	The following may also be of interest:

	http://www.schooltool.org/

	Cheers,

	Con Zymaris

	- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
	- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
	- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry
	cluster.)

___
	Con Zymaris Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne,
	Australia
	Cybersource: Australia's Leading Linux and Open Source Solutions
	Company
	Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/ Phone: 03 9621 2377 Fax: 03 9621
2477

	Authority and
	http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
	Teachers Association Inc
Authority and
	http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
Teachers Association IncBEGIN:VCARD
	VERSION:2.1
	X-GWTYPE:USER
	FN:Rupert Russell
	TEL;WORK:9965
	ORG:;School of Education
	EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:Rrussell at staff.ballarat.edu.au
	N:Russell;Rupert
	TEL;CELL:0421 101 375
	END:VCARD

http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
Authority and
http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
Teachers Association Inc

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments may be confidential.
If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies.
Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by
the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the
use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected
attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of Cranbourne Christian College.