[Yr11 Information Technology] Paid for VITTA Unit 2 exam?

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Oct 27 10:48:50 EST 2011

Hi George and all,

Thanks for your comments regarding the Unit 2 exam - VITTA will undertake to
produce a Unit 1 and Unit 2 exam in 2012 based on the feedback that has been
received.

I wanted to put the issue in context though - as VITTA has not produced
separate Unit 1 and 2 exams in the past and there has not been the demand
for it.  Obviously, we want to produce the exams that teachers want to use
and so clearly there are teachers who want separate exams.  Earlier in the
year, after the Unit 1&2 combined exam was published, there were requests to
produce a Unit 2 exam - the best we could do at the time was to produce a
Unit 2 exam from the existing Unit 1&2 exam (so yes - there may have been an
overlap of some questions).  In 2012, the two exams will be produced
separately and there will not be this overlap.  Our focus has always been on
the Unit 3&4 exams to be honest and there has not really been much uptake of
the Unit 1&2 papers.  Another difficulty with the Unit 1&2 papers is that
school content can differ quite a bit more than you would find in either of
the Unit 3&4 studies.

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson B.Sc, Dip.Ed, M.Ed
VITTA Vice-President

Melbourne High School, Forrest Hill, South Yarra, Victoria 3141 Australia.
Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au/>

Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org <http://jansona.edublogs.org/>