[Yr11 Information Technology] Google Foreign Language Translator

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 20 12:16:32 EST 2009

Here is what Babelfish.altavista.com made of the start of your email.
Apparently you have "old strident linguistic capacities"  ;-)

Afflicted for all posts transversely Hello each one, C' is probably
really “old news” with much of people… but…. It could still be useful
for n' import which with a school of sister o/s, or duty to communicate
in writing with parents in their native tongue, or which have professors
or students communicating with the counterparts o/s, and so on. Recently
j' had communicated on line with some in France, using my old strident
linguistic capacities, and a large thick ancient copy of the new
bidirectional dictionary of Cassells. Speak about the life in the dark
ages! J' mentioned this with quelqu' one with work, and they m'
indicated about the translator in free line of Google. C' is only one
tool of large stand to be used on line with:
http://translate.google.com/ # There are also means of l' to add to your
blog of Google so that n' import which overseas can entirely translate
and look at your blog in their native tongue. This returns your blog
much more accessible to the international visitors. (There is probably
an equivalent kind of gadget for the press of word as well).

mppascoe at bigpond.com wrote:
> Sorry for any Cross Posts
>

> Hi everyone,
>

> This is probably really “old news” to a lot of people… but….
>
> It still might be useful for anyone with a sister school o/s, or needing
> to communicate in writing with parents in their native language, or who
> has teachers or students communicating with counterparts o/s, and so on.
>

> Recently I have been communicating online with some people in France,
> using my scratchy old language skills, and a big thick ancient copy of
> the New Cassells 2-way Dictionary. Talk about living in the dark ages !
>
> I mentioned this to someone at work, and they told me about the free
> Google Online Translator.
> This is a great stand alone tool to use online at:
> http://translate.google.com/# <http://translate.google.com/>
>

> There is also a means of adding it to your Google Blog so that anyone
> overseas can fully translate and view your blog in their native language.
>
> This makes your Blog far more accessible to international visitors.
>   (There is probably an equivalent kind of widget for Word Press as well).
>

> To find out more go to my Blog post at:
> http://passyworldofict.blogspot.com/2009/07/blogger-foreign-language-translator.html
>

> OR
>

> Perhaps just go to this Blog to do some quick “e-travel” and see some
> beautiful pictures of the French countryside:
> http://pissenlits.blogspot.com/
>
> Take the text from this French Blog, and use
> http://translate.google.com/# <http://translate.google.com/> to
> translate the French to English, and you will really begin to see the
> full picture !
>

> Enjoy,
>
> Paul Pascoe
>
> IT / Maths Teacher