[Yr11 Information Technology] U1O3 - ICT issues

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri May 25 13:43:15 EST 2007

Howdy, pardners.  Attached is my stab at U1O3. And on that subject...

I am a little unclear what the study design means by (p.15) "the team's
strategies for encouraging individuals to influence how ICT is applied
in particular situations."

I read it to mean that the team should suggest ways of encouraging other
people to do something about the issue...

e.g. "TV ads could be made to persuade companies not to misuse
customers' personal information"

I reckon it would be more useful for the team to simply suggest what
people could do about the issue...

e.g. "The annual turnover limit to make a private company subject to the
Privacy Act should be lowered from $3m to $1m."

A fussy point, I know, but the study design's lack of clarity is bugging me.

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

"My mother used to say to me,
'In this world you must be O so smart or O so pleasant.'
I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me."  Harvey, 1950.