[Yr11 Information Technology] U2O3 - lucky last

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:32:41 EST 2007

G'day Mark

I got my students to build a game around the theme of Africa / Malaria /
Doctors without Borders etc. Nice social context that fits in nicely with my
student backgrounds. Have also tried doing something for the local Rotary
Club around the global warming. To do this justice you do have to have some
material to stimulate their curiosity. At this age they seem have a powerful
sense of right and wrong, social justice etc. Bill Kerr has a good case
study of his collaborative work with the development of an Africa game.
     http://billkerr.blogspot.com/2006/04/africa-puzzle-game.html

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au