[Yr11 Information Technology] U2O3 - lucky last

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 27 15:03:47 EST 2007

As my dears tackle the programming tasks for U2O1 (I did U2O2 first to
give them more training time), I am thinking of U2O3 - the group-work
programming or multimedia solution for a client.

I have this nagging feeling last felt many years ago... it's sort of a
strange buzz that this could actually be fun, or useful.

Memories of the old English communication project, perhaps, where we
actually got the kids doing something relevant, rewarding, challenging
and beneficial.  The kids used to go reading to old folks, telling
stories to kindergarten kids, organising events etc.

Has anyone else out there given pre-thought to the opportunities this
outcome could present for getting something useful done within the
school or community?

One idea leaps to mind - several primary schools in our cluster have
virtually no website.  Our kids could go out and develop the sites for
them.  Since the outcome could take a lot of real time (visits,
re-visits etc), I'm thinking of starting it very soon and stretching it
over several weeks.

Could be interesting!

Mark

Manager - Information Systems