[vet-mm] VET IDM Assessment tasks

Michelle Dennis mdennis at mentonegirls.vic.edu.au
Mon May 19 10:50:05 EST 2014

Hi James,

My understanding is that Group tasks are not appropriate for scored assessment, where students need to achieve an individual score and have to sign a disclaimer saying that the work was their own.  While it doesn't explicitly mention this in the VCE VET Scored Assessment booklet, the one for VCE Media has this advice:  Group task activities can be effective in the teaching and learning program but are not appropriate for assessment in Units 3 and 4.  If you are determined to do a group assessment, then I would seek clarification and confirmation from either the VCAA Program Manager or the state reviewer.  Their contact details are available here:  http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vet/contacts.aspx

Michelle Dennis
eLearning Manager
VCE VET IDM Teacher
Year 7 HGT

Mentone Girls' Grammar School
11 Mentone Parade, Mentone VIC 3194
Tel:  (+61 3) 9581 1200 Fax: (+61 3) 9581 1299
www.mentonegirls.vic.edu.au<http://www.mentonegirls.vic.edu.au/>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mentone-Girls-Grammar-School/13312255953> Twitter<https://twitter.com/mentonegirlsgs/> LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2700148/>