[vet-mm] DreamWorks Animation: The Exhibition

Ana Tuckerman Ana.Tuckerman at acmi.net.au
Wed Mar 19 09:25:56 EST 2014

Hello all,
Hope you are all going well as term one comes to a close. I thought I would update you on the DreamWorkd Animation Exhibition, as bookings have just opened.

In the educational resource that accompanies the exhibition, there are 4 tasks made especially for Animation students.
The focus on the following

·         Roles and responsibilities in Animation

·         Principles of visual design and communication for Animation

·         Using storyboards to plan animation – Basic animation techniques and principles

·         Looking for inspiration – Generate and assess ideas.
They will be available soon.

I’m currently re-writing the talk Animating Through the Ages: From Gertie to Toothless to suite 1/2 and 3/4  IDM students. It will include the history of animation and some explanation and examples of Cell Animation, Rotoscoping and Digital Animation. It says on the website it is for primary, however if you would like the senior version, just ask when you book. I will be available to deliver it on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If these days don’t suit you, there will be another amazing education delivered available.

Here is the information that went out in the education newsletter.

All Years, April-October
DreamWorks Animation: The Exhibition >> Exhibition bookings now open!

In a world premiere event, the studio that brought you the animated classics Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda is offering unprecedented access to its extraordinary archive in DreamWorks Animation: The Exhibition.

It will be a truly remarkable experience for all year levels. So book early to avoid disappointment!
All school bookings are online. Simply pick your date and entry time, chose between a self-guided or educator-led visit, and select ‘Pay Later‘ for the school to receive an invoice.

A range of Talks, Workshops, Seminars and Video Conferences will also be on offer. Bookings for these programs will be available soon.

Book now >>  www.acmi.net.au/dreamworks-education-program<http://www.acmi.net.au/dreamworks-education-program.aspx>

Hopefully I will see some of you at the exhibition.
☺ Ana

[cid:imageb01b43.GIF at 12a4379c.41a12690]<http://www.facebook.com/acmionline>   [cid:image025cc2.GIF at 89cd0728.4cb2c19c] <https://twitter.com/ACMI>    [cid:image9c9dbb.GIF at 7241bcfe.45a6ee66] <http://www.acmi.net.au/subscribe>

[cid:image679d44.GIF at 375360e2.44b20c9a]<http://www.acmi.net.au/dreamworks.aspx>

[cid:image9642b2.GIF at 7001c3fa.4cb43cbd]

This email and any attachments may be confidential and contain copyright or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you must not copy, disclose, distribute, store or otherwise use this material without permission. Additionally, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments.  Any personal information in this email must be handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and applicable laws. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and unless specifically stated may not be the views of the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI). The above email message does not represent a legally binding agreement on behalf of ACMI. ACMI does not accept liability in connection with computer viruses, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or use.