[vet-mm] 3-D software

Jamie Le Rossignol fawcettlerossignol.jamie.e at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Feb 5 15:47:51 EST 2013

Hi all,

Yes I've been working with Blender, a 3D program, to create models.
Blender is free & open source (see www.blender.org)

I have developed more stuff for creating 3d models and there are plenty
of resources only in the form of tutorials and howto's, whcih include 3d
printing. I have previously used shapeways and I'm currently trying to
use the 3d printer we have. Shapeways has a good tutorial on 3d printing
with the STL format and it can be used for most 3d printing systems.

Cheers,
Jamie Le Rossignol
Lilydale High School