[vet-mm] Video Encoding Software

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Sat Feb 18 09:42:31 EST 2012

Hi Kate

I also always install Flip for Mac (free version) so I can play back .wmv on my macs (as well as Perian - mentioned in another post)

I have been experimenting with  "Any Video Converter"  free in app store - as I have been frustrated in the past when i have had students film on their mobile phones and the files come in to the machine in formats that I cannot use

At Home I use Handbrake to convert .avi ,  .mkv files to .mp4 for playback on appletv through iTunes

VLC player is also a great open source player which often does a better job than quick time at handling other codecs.

Andrew

Andrew Shortell
CRC Melton