[vet-mm] AIET

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Sat Nov 19 12:47:03 EST 2011

Dear Karen

The e-mail that I suspect you have been given needs to be taken  into
context of an overall conversation that I have been having with another
school over a period of weeks, and should not be taken in isolation. We are
offering the course online for the first time next year as a trial to see
how it goes, but the preferred model is for there to be a teacher in front
of the students for 4 - 5 periods per week as per the normal blocking
timetable for VCE / VET classes and not just one period per week.

The e-mail I believe you are referring to belongs to a series of
conversations I have had with a particular school, and the arrangements for
that school do not fit into the normal VET in Schools auspicing model we
offer. There are also many more requirements than were in that one
particular e-mail that need to be taken into consideration, including the
circumstances of the school.

While I have no issues with your query on the VET MM list, it would be
preferable to discuss the auspicing arrangement with you or your coordinator
on the phone so we can talk about the best option that suits your  students
and the school. My contact details are provided below should you wish to
contact us.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO

Australian Institute of Education and Training

Ph: (03) 9387 2051

FAX: (03) 9387 3470

Mob: 0409 428 221

E-mail: abarnes at aiet.com.au