[vet-mm] Last chance for Gear Up PD

crb rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 2 16:13:38 EST 2011

Hi folks,

Just to remind all you hard working VET IDM teachers that time is running
out to register for GEAR UP 2011.

Here's a reminder of the details:

Saturday March 5th

National Gallery of Victoria (enter at the NGV School Entrance)

St Kilda Rd, Melbourne

10.00 - 3.30

Cost: $90

Register here:
https://www.vitta.org.au/events/event/vet-idm-cert-3-gear-up-for-2011

Program Details:

Sessions on Unit 1-2 and 3-4 of the Cert 3 course.

The PixelEd Committee will offer advice on approaches to teaching VET IDM,
resources, sample work, assessment, administrative requirements and
discussion of any issues of concern to new and inexperienced teachers.

A special session and tour to explore ways in which the NGV can be used as a
resource in developing projects for IDM / multimedia classes.
Former multimedia teacher and NGV educator Ingrid Wood will help us explore
possibilities!
* Why bring my class to the NGV?
* What can the NGV add to my programs?
* What resources or support can the NGV provide?
* What would my students do at the gallery? What would they do after their
visit?
* How does this relate to my study design?

Light lunch and morning tea included

Plenty of opportunities to network with other teachers and feel free to
bring tasks and ideas to share with others!