[vet-mm] Follow up from VCAA Assessment Day

crb rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 3 12:55:42 EST 2010

It was great to see so many familiar faces and meet some new IDM teachers
yesterday at Moonee Valley. Hopefully people are feeling a bit more
confident about the scored assessment process.

Just wanted to follow up and clarify a couple of things for everyone.

As most list members will be aware a set of sample tasks were accidently
sent to the list a couple of weeks ago. They were still in draft form. We
did find a number of significant areas that needed revision. So if you have
these documents please check content carefully before using them eg some
units of competency had not been updated correctly.

The fixed tasks have been uploaded to the PixelEd members resource site.

We ask that your school becomes a member of PixelEd (it's $100 for year or
part thereof) and then you can access the members area. (Also please
consider sharing some tips or resources with the list!)

At the moment we are tweaking the website and will advise people when
everything seems to be behaving as expected-although functional, it's a bit
quirky at the moment. We hope it will be all sorted in next week or so.

If you joined pixelEd recently you should have received an email from VITTA
with a user name and password, that allows you to log into pixeled.org.au
and access the members only resource area.

If you believe you are a financial member of pixelED and don't have these
access details or have forgotten/lost them, please contact
office at vitta.org.au

On another issue, VCAA Exams Unit have advised that exam advice/sample
questions will be available in 2-3 weeks. Information will be posted on the
VCAA website. So keep an eye out for this!

Cheers

Claire Bloom