[vet-mm] Web Conferencing with Elluminate

Fri Jun 4 18:12:09 EST 2010

Anyone planning on using a Mac :)

Stuart.

On 31/05/2010, at 9:08 PM, c bloom wrote:

Hi John,

Details haven’t been finalised, but at this stage, the Elluminate
session will be Tuesday week (June 8 th) Probably early evening (5-6)

It will be a general chat with VET IDM teachers to ascertain PD needs
and interest in using the Dept’s web conferencing software. Suitable
times will be canvassed at this session.

I am hoping this will hold particular appeal to teachers in the
country, who find it so difficult to get to sessions in Melbourne.
However, sessions are open to all educators from all sectors and
locations.

To use Elluminate you need to check you have Java on your computer
(most do) and a pair of headphones and mic. Video cam is helpful but
not essential.

You can visit this link for more info and to test you can access
Elluminate

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/researchinnovation/
virtualconferencecentre/use/start.htm  (follow the link to the
training room)

I will post more details later in the week.

Hoping to catch up with you and others on Tuesday week.

Cheers

Claire