[vet-mm] Request for information / advice

peterfowler at optusnet.com.au peterfowler at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 22 09:26:21 EST 2009

Hi Kevork,
So far so good with the Cert III in IDM. We have spent some considerable time getting the students design and aesthetic skills up to speed and have concentrated on Photoshop an Illustrator with a range of design and photographic tasks. Their conceptual ideas have improved from banal to vaguely interesting. The class have only recently started playing with Flash CS4 and are using some of the wiz bang new features.
One task that has worked a treat was to create a simple word Illustration/animation, export it then bring it back in to a new file, use the 3D controls and place it in a billboard photo. The 3D controls allow you to use perspective on the imported movie.
Anyway it seems there is more flexibility and diversity in the new course and a positive encouragement for the creatively adventurous student.

One question to the group is about the digital video editing competency at Unit 3&4. Are there any Ideas for a simple introductory task hat I can run at the end of the year. I want my students to be familiar with the editing process and controls before they hit Year 12.
All suggestions are welcome.
Also feel free to email me directly as I don't want to clog up the list.

Yours Sincerely
Peter Fowler
IDM coordinator
Swinburne Senior Secondary College