[vet-mm] Request for information / advice

Ana Tuckerman atuckerman at elthamcollege.vic.edu.au
Wed May 20 13:14:35 EST 2009

HI Kevork,
I am also going OK so far. We are just doing Cert 3 as its not too much of a stretch from the last course.
So far we have combined Produce and prepare photo images  with Maintain interactive content. The students did 4 different photography and photoshop assignments then put them together in web gallery. We used the pre made layouts from dreamweaver and they all had to link back home and follow a set of standards. It worked really well.
We have just finished the drawing unit. They were introduced to drawing in Flash, Fireworks and Illustrator. Mainly we used the Natcoll tasks (rockship, Clock, Brick, Sunset and Egyptian symbols). Then moved onto freehand(mouse) drawing, they traced their face in Flash, only using tone, no line allowed. And have finished off with one and two point perspective in Illustrator. Their assessment task will be to design a t shirt that represents them, but is not of them, using illustrator.
Next term we will do Work effectively in the industry using animation and film. Will end with Develop critical & creative thinking (OH&S is done as homework) and am thinking of doing some kind of design stuff with lots of design process.
Am hoping that I have then prepared my guys enough for year 12.
:)