[vet-mm] Dinner

Stoney, Marian Sy stoney.marian.sy at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Jul 25 19:48:41 EST 2009

Hi all, a final reminder about the PixelEd "Meet the Industry" Dinner this coming Thursday. It promises to be a good night with exciting speakers, and I know the food is excellent, having eaten there a few times recently. Our host at Enoteca Oggi, Chris, is an ex-teacher and is very happy to support teacher professional development.
If you are going out on the VITTA Bus Tour on Thursday, the dinner could be an excellent end to your day - a short trip from the VITTA offices where the tour ends, into Lygon Street, just in time. Hope to see some of our PixelEd regulars there, as well as some new faces,
Yours,
Marian

Booking details below:

PixelEd Meet the Industry Dinner <https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.vitta.org.au/trainingevents/cid/6/parent/0/pid/6/t/trainingevents/title/pixeled-events>

July 30, 2009

PixelEd's annual "Meet Industry Dinner" gives Multimedia and Interactive Digital Media teachers an opportunity to meet the VET training requirement to stay up-to-date on industry matters. It is also a great opportunity to network with other teachers, explore career options and talk to industry professionals.

This year's keynote speakers include:

Wayne Rankin, a renowned Australia-based graphic designer, has been pushing the boundaries of digital imaging and design since the early 1980s. Wayne has worked on a diverse range of projects during his career, developing quality print, communication, new media and other design projects, in Australia and overseas. He is the recipient of many awards both in print and new media and has had work published in many Australian and International publications. Wayne's experience in new media projects is extensive, he has been involved in the design of a multitude of exciting interactive projects since 1992.

Our second speaker will be a representative from Big Ant Studios, a Melbourne-based game studio. Big Ant have produced games for multiple platforms including Sony PlayStation2 and 3, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox360, and PC.  Some Big Ant productions include: Hellboy: The Science of Evil, Spyro: The Eternal Night, and the upcoming release AFL 2010. This will be a valuable opportunity to get an insight into the gaming industry.

The Dinner will be held at:

Enoteca Oggi

237 Lygon St, Carlton 3053,
Thursday July 30 at 7.15pm

3 course meal (drinks extra)
Cost: $70 (members of PixelEd - $60)

TO REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS  LINK: <https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.vitta.org.au/trainingevents/cid/6/parent/0/pid/6/t/trainingevents/title/pixeled-events>

http://www.vitta.org.au/trainingevents/cid/6/parent/0/pid/6/t/trainingevents/title/pixeled-events <https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.vitta.org.au/trainingevents/cid/6/parent/0/pid/6/t/trainingevents/title/pixeled-events>

Best regards