[vet-mm] scored assessment 2010

crb rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Wed Dec 9 14:04:13 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

As we limp along to the holidays (well some may be marching, I'm crawling!),
I have had a few calls and emails asking about scored assessment for next
year. Basically it has not changed, it's just now we have 6 Units of
Competency and in the past it was 5.

If you email VCAA the official word is:

Scored assessment for VCE VET Interactive Digital Media 2010

The assessment guidelines, that is, guidelines surrounding task selection
and task design are unchanged for 2010.

The generic advice for scored assessment published in the November 2003
Multimedia Assessment Guide will not change for the revised VCE VET
Interactive Digital Media program next year.

The units of competence in Units 3-4 in the revised program are as published
on page 7 of the VCE VET Interactive Digital Media program booklet published
October 2008.

A sample assessment plan will be available this week on the VCE VET
Interactive Digital Media page of the VCAA website. This sample is a guide
only and it not intended to be prescriptive. The decisions about the
clustering or batching of units and task selection remain with the
teacher/trainer in consultation with the RTO where appropriate.

Hope that helps reassure teachers as you plan for the new course.

Cheers and holiday wishes to all,

Claire Bloom J

PS

PixelEd is planning to bring out some sample tasks that schools may like to
purchase, not sure of publication date but watch this space for more
information. We have found that any Unit can be paired with any other unit,
so there are 15 combinations that we will prepare sample tasks for.

We will also be running PD in Feb, once again - watch this space.