[vet-mm] A couple last minute questions before the exam please

Brian Pearce BPearce at clc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 7 13:33:07 EST 2008

Hi John,

My understanding ( please correct me somebody if I'm wrong ) is:

Vector artwork is drawn onto the screen, so the resolution depends on the display screen

An indexed colour image is a way of selecting only a smaller number of chosen colours to make the version presented on an 8 bit display look as much like the original ( presumably 24 bit full colour ) as possible.

JPEG at medium quality is lossy, the other 2 are lossless ( apart from the initial conversion to GIF it is lossless ).

SWF is vector based animation

Not sure about the last one, I suppose they mean reducing file size by conversion to GIF, PNG, JPEG, MP3, and ?

Cheers,

Brian Pearce.