[vet-mm] A couple last minute questions before the exam please

EDWARDS. John edwajoh1 at lavalla.sale.catholic.edu.au
Fri Nov 7 13:49:33 EST 2008

My students found these couple questions and I was unsure of the answers, could someone please help and offer a quick explanation? I would be most grateful.

The resolution at which vector artwork displays is based on

A. its dpi.

B. the total number of pixels.

C. the input device which created it.

D. the output device that displays it.

Question 2

To display an image correctly on an 8 bit monitor you would have to use

A. a tiff image.

B. a rgb image.

C. an alpha channel.

D. an indexed colour image.

Question 7

Which of the following is an example of a lossy image format?

A. TIFF using LZW compression

B. JPEG of medium quality

C. GIF without dithering

D. All of the above.

Question 1

Which of the following file formats delivers vector-based animation on the web?

A. animated GIF

B. AVI

C. EPS

D. SWF

b. Name and describe two processes used to optimise web site files.

Thank you so much everyone and best of luck for your students.

John Edwards

The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy and copies.