[vet-mm] Adobe roadshow - great resource!

Ana Tuckerman atuckerman at elthamcollege.vic.edu.au
Tue May 13 16:28:17 EST 2008

So guys,
I got to go to the Adobe roadshow today and i have to say i was impressed!
Adobe has put together a whole lot of resources for teacher that not only teach the software, BUT ALSO THE PROCESS!!!!

They have two online at the moment,
One for visual communication (photoshop & indesign)
http://www.adobe.com/education/instruction/teach/visualdesign.html
(Check out the powerpoint provided in Project 2 of the  visual design - its great!)

and one for web (dreamweaver and flash)
http://www.adobe.com/education/resources/k12/instructional/digitaldesign/index.html

This is the type of stuff they include and I'm sure if i looked through it i could map it to both the Cert 2 and 3.

PROJECT 1: COLLAGES AND PHOTOGRAPHY

In this project, students gather images from multiple sources (including learning the basics of photography) then modify and optimize these images to form a collage. This project contains student materials and a presentation.

Instructor materials
Student materials

Included in the student materials

• Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book excerpt: Getting to Know the Work Area
• Guide: How to scan images
• Photoshop guide: How to correct color
• Photoshop guide: How to retouch photos
• Photoshop guide: How to generate different file formats
• Photoshop guide: How to resize and crop images
• Photoshop guide: How to use selection tools
• Adobe Video Workshop: Combining images in Photoshop using Photomerge
• Guide: Principles and rules of copyright
• Acrobat guide: How to use the Acrobat 8 interface and basic navigation
• Acrobat guide: How to create a PDF

HAVE AL LOOK!!!!

Ana Tuckerman
Multimedia and Media Department