[vet-mm] VITTA 2008 PD - 'Animate your Classroom' Flash forSecondary Teachers - registations now open

Susan Bell Susan.Bell at wesleycollege.net
Fri Jan 11 09:47:30 EST 2008

Hi Caroline,
I'm part of the pixeled organisation who recently had a meeting with
VITTA about combining some of our Professional Development Days. Claire
Bloom gave me your number but when I rang you were on holiday in NZ.
Currently I am booking rooms for our upcoming Gear Up Day. Claire has
been speaking with Renee about running this event with VITTA. I was
looking at hiring a suitable venue and have been negotiating with the
CAE. They have rates of $450 per room with up to 25 people in each room.
For the sake of our members we need to go ahead with Gear Up Day by the
end of Feb. I don't know how much you are involved in these negotiations
or whether it is going through Renee. Anyway, would you be able to get
back to me as soon as possible about whether you have also been checking
out venues to run this joint venture.
Regards, Sue

>>> caroline at vitta.org.au 01/10/08 9:45 AM >>>
VITTA are pleased to announce 'Animate your classroom' Flash for
Beginners'- Secondary teachers...

Flash is a flexible and powerful animations tool, incorporating sound
and digital photos.  Images can be inserted into web pages.  Animations
not only develop ICT skills, but can be used to compliment learning for
English, LOTE and Science etc.

Western suburbs
Thu 28 Feb 08 - REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
Copperfield College
Kambalda Circuit
Kings Park
Computer lab room C4
Melway 13 D9

Eastern suburbs
Thu 13 Mar 08 - REGISTRATIONS NOT YET OPEN - EMAIL PD at VITTA.ORG.AU TO
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Venue tbc

4.30-7.00pm

Fees
VITTA Individual members:$112.50
VITTA school members:    $130.00
Non-members:             $145.00

** Remember to renew your membership for 2008 to receive VITTA member
rates.  The 2008 form is available on our website now.

Please note VITTA's cancellation policy: No refunds if less than 5
working days notice.  Cancellations prior to this incur a 25%
cancellation fee.  Cancellations must be made in writing to
pd at vitta.org.au.

Full details attached.

--
Caroline Bailey
Professional Learning Coordinator (Tue-Wed-Thu)

UPCOMING PD EVENTS - http://www.vitta.org.au/events/

*Thu 14/2/08 - Copperfield College Kings Park - Flash for Primary
Teachers
*Fri 15/2/08 - Melbourne Uni - VCE Units 1 & 3 outcomes
*Mon 25/2/08 - venue tbc - VET IT & Multimedia Day
*Thu 28/2/08 - Copperfield College Kings Park - Flash for Secondary
Teachers
*Fri  29/2/08 - Carlton - Digital Storytelling with Photostory
*Wed 12/3/08 - Catholic College Bendigo - Web 2.0 technologies
*Wed 19/3/08 - Xavier College Burke Hall - Podcasting for Middle Year
Students
*19/2, 26/2, 4/3, 11/3 & 18/3 - Forest Hill College - PHP & MySQL
*15/4,  29/4, 13/5, 27/5 & 10/6 - Forest Hill College - PHP & MySQL
*Fri 13/6/08 - Melbourne Uni - VCE Units 2 & 4 outcomes

http://www.pixeled.org.au  - PixelEd Multimedia Teachers Association

Sapere Aude - Dare To Be Wise

Wesley College Melbourne is a world class coeducational independent school
developing the whole person through timeless principles of learning:
- to know
- to do
- to live with
- to be
with innovation and wisdom

ABN 38 994 068 473  CRICOS 00354G

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please email a reply to Wesley
College and destroy the original message.