[vet-mm] Actionscript help please

EDWARDS. John edwajoh1 at lavalla.sale.catholic.edu.au
Wed Feb 20 17:41:28 EST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to do a Space Invaders game with my Cert 2 MM students. I have a single alien movieclip that moves across the screen and a bullet movieclip that moves up to the alien.

I have the hittest code that I am unsuccessfully trying below:

This is in the Bullet MovieClip

if(_root.alien, hitTest(_root.bullet)){
		trace("in hittest");
		this.removeMovieClip();
		_root.alien.removeMovieClip();

		}

The two movieclips collide and I get the trace appearing which means the hittest is successful. I have the bullet remove itself with the line : this.removeMovieClip();  My problem is removing the alien movieclip when the hittest is successful.

Could someone please point a novice in the right direction?

Many Thanks,

John Edwards
Lavalla Catholic College
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy and copies.