[vet-mm] VCE VET IDM - see attached!!

Stoney, Marian Sy stoney.marian.sy at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Aug 10 11:20:15 EST 2008

Rob,
There will be an exam as now, with contribution to ENTER. As for tasks, it seemed clear that there would be three again. That is the usual VET requirement. Since there are six units, rather than five, at Units 3&4, it might be a bit neater now, in that they can all be paired up. On looking at them again, there seems to be a lot of scope for interesting combinations:

*
	2D digital animations
*
	Write content for a range of media
*
	Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
*
	Author interactive sequences
*
	Prepare video assets
*
	Create visual design components

I would mostly be tilting the tasks to reflect what is going to be examined, but we are of course in the dark there until we get a sample exam from VCAA, which we have been told will happen. Luckily the exam won't be until the end of 2010, so planning can continue into next year. But equally, the decisions we make now for 2009 for Units 1&2 will impact 2010. I will certainly be introducing my students to 2D animation and to building web pages next year. Having never taught video, I plan to introduce it next year in an exploratory fashion. There are plenty of very adaptable units at Units 1&2 level that can accommodate it.

Marian