[vet-mm] Game Product

Stoney, Marian Sy stoney.marian.sy at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 15 18:39:44 EST 2007

Hi Fran,
I think you might be referring to my game assignment here. The  PixelEd Gear=
 Up day was not an assessment task sharing day -  it was an overall introduc=
tion to Cert III, so there were heaps of general resources on the CD, but no=
t a specific focus on particular tasks. The (empty) folders you might be ref=
erring to were shown purely as an example of how you could structure your st=
udents' final submissions. The examples of student work on the CD were prese=
nted as a guide to high, medium and low levels of achievement.
As for resources for game making, check the links in the Favourites folder o=
n the CD - there are several scripting sites. Someone at the VCAA briefing o=
n scored assessment on March 6th had a Flash book on games, but I didn't get=
 the title - maybe someone reading this might  have it? The stuff sent out t=
o this list after that day by Mark Ridgeway the state reviewer had a few tas=
ks that were presented on the day that might be useful.
If you are a member of PixelEd, the members only section has resources. Ther=
e is also Binary Blue - they have a unit on scripting.
Email me on stoney.marian.sy at edumail.vic.gov.au if you want to discuss the g=
ame assignment from the CD or anything related,
Regards,
Marian