[vet-mm] video editing software

Greg Neil (Mr) greg at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 6 11:49:46 EST 2007

I use Vegas for my home editing, however it isn't cheap. It does have a very good little brother called Vegas Movie Studio that is much more reasonable. Adobe have Premiere Elements, and Ulead have VideoStudio. Both are aimed at beginner level/home users.

Unfortunately, while there are free audio editor such as audacity that are quite strong, I have yet to find a free/open source video editor windows that offers true non-linear editing capabilities. For simple assemble editing you can get away with avidemux or virtualdub.