[vet-mm] VCE IT students (yr11) wishing to transfer to VETMultimedia

Stoney, Marian Sy stoney.marian.sy at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Dec 2 21:33:20 EST 2007

Hi Adrienne,
to do Cert III, he needs to be certified competent in the 9 Cert II units. You could talk to your RTO and work out who will do the certification. I had a similar case last year, with a very capable student from interstate who wanted to do Cert III without Cert II. My RTO was happy for me to do the assessment, and the student was able to produce considerable evidence. I set him a range of tasks to complete for the other units. Yours would probably have plenty of tasks from IT that would cross over - I don't know the IT course though.
As for the second question, I have not heard anything of an instructor competency test! Tell me more!
Just guessing, as we don't know as yet what units will be in the new course, but PhotoShop, Flash (possibly including ActionScript 3) and Dreamweaver would be a good start in my opinion.
PixelEd ( Association of Teachers of Multimedia) will be running PD to help familiarise teachers with the new course when we find out what's in and what's out.
Regards,
Marian