[vet-mm] AVI Video files to use with Music Videos

Wed Oct 4 11:25:01 EST 2006

Hi John,

In the past, some of the teachers I have worked with have captured
bits from films like the Matrix and other Action/SciFi films.
I myself have used movie trailers downloaded from the Apple Quicktime
website. They often come in semi high quality and perfect for what
you are trying to do.

As far as I know, students at Public and Independent schools are
allowed to use this type of content in-class for this sort of
assignment. Althou, Independent schools may wish to check there
"Published-Content Contract". Your AV/Multimedia/Librarian person
should be able to help you with this.

I myself am a Video Artist, otherwise known as a VJ. DJ=Disc Jockey,
VJ=Video Jockey. There are a number of Vj's out there sampling other
peoples work, but as an Artist, I stay very clear of that sort of
thing. I have created my own video clips fro the past 3 years and
pride myself on that. I also use a number of computer animation
packages to make computer generated video.

As far as getting access to content online, it sometimes becomes hard
because of the size of video files. Often, content on the net is in a
very compressed form and not suitable for programs like Prem, FCP and
MovieMaker. My last Video Animation class I ran I gave my students
the iPod commercials to use. It worked really well. I would highly
recommend starting with something like that.

Please, if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to
ask....

Regards
Stuart