[vet-mm] re: 2006 exam

ARNOTT Suzanne SA at emc.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 15 15:49:43 EST 2006

I agree Claire...
I know two new teachers who did multimedia courses...have MM
qualifications  and yet are not confident at all with the scripting
areas of it....
I was really surprised, as I thought it would have been a much bigger
part of the course... given the emphasis in CERT III.
Given the visual nature of the products multimedia students create there
should be more emphasis on it...
I guess coming from an arts background I know I have to really think
about the programming and scripting side of stuff, where the visual
stuff comes more naturally... but we should be focussing on balance,
both in production and assessment.
Thanks for your input too Matt... great thoughts :)
Cheers
Suz

Suzanne Arnott
Assistant Manager of ICT