[vet-mm] Hours spent on Cert III Assessments

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Mon May 15 09:48:42 EST 2006

Hi Michelle,
Welcome to the wonderous mysteries of VET MM!!
As far as planning for the product, the VCAA documentation actually says: "A plan outlining the design, method and materials/resources required for the Product must be submitted prior to the assessment event. The writing up of the plan should be completed in class time within approximately 1–2 hours..."
I don't believe that means they have to dream up an idea and document it all in the space of a lesson or two. My students spend a couple of weeks, investigating their target audience, looking for ideas and inspiration, analysing other products, determining resources required and documenting the development of their ideas. They can work on this at home as well as in class. Having followed this part of the design process, they are then able to formally document their plan - storyboards, flowcharts, timelines etc within the time allowed.
Claire Bloom
Warrandyte High