[vet-mm] Imac /flash problem

Brian Pearce BPearce at clc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 1 10:48:37 EST 2006

We have 22 eMacs ( 800MHz using OS.X 10.3.something ) which can be a bit slow loading the program ( 2 - 3 minutes ) but it runs well once loaded. They are not connected to the school network so the students save their work locally with regular back-ups to a portable HD. Occasionally Flash tells us that a script is causing it to run slowly, but generally very stable.

At Cert 2 I give some graded assessment tasks in the second half of the year and they sit a graded exam each sememster ( school policy ). Of course they have the chance to demonstrate competency right up to the end of the year but the graded tasks help them with organisation, time management and give them some feedback in preparation for Cert 3.

Brian Pearce.